information anywhere on the Gateway2China web site and beyond ...
Arts and Entertainment:
- China's Rural Architecture, Photographs by Olivier Laude and brief texts by Ronald G. Knapp. Up to ten photographs per province.
- Clan Homes in Fujian, Jens Aaberg-Jorgensen's illustrated article on these remarkable traditional dwellings in China, originally published in Danish in Arkitekten no. 28, November 2000, translated and updated in the online edition.
- Yin Yu Tang, A Chinese Home, Interactive tour of a house that belonged to a merchant from the late Qing dynasty and was originally located in southeastern China. From the Peabody Essex Museum. [Requires Flash]
- Chinavista: Chinese Pavilions, Illustrated introduction to pavilions based on material supplied by Du Feibao.
- Chinavista: Siheyuan, Illustrated introduction to the quadrangle form, based on material supplied by Du Feibao.
- China Travel: Architecture of China, An illustrated introduction to the terminology, plan-form, and motifs of ancient Chinese architecture.
- Chinese Civilization: Homes, Washington University presents an illustrated introduction to Chinese architecture from the Ming dynasty onwards. Includes construction methods, materials, layout, orientation, and interiors.
- Sustainable Urban Housing in China, A study by the MIT Building Technology Group exploring the design, technology, and implementation of environmentally responsive urban housing in China.