information anywhere on the Gateway2China web site and beyond ...
Open Directory: Health:
Conditions and Diseases:
SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) (91)
|This category in other languages:|
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Symptoms and treatment guidelines, travel advisory, and daily outbreak updates. From the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology - Information about the imaging and pathology of SARS.
- Atypical Pneumonia - Admission statistics, ways for the public to reduce their chances of contracting respiratory illnesses, and details of steps taken by the government to contain the illness. From the Hong Kong Department of Health.
- Australian Dept of Health and Aging - Surveillence updates, and information for healthcare staff, border and airport staff, and the general public.
- Beijing SARS Fever - Personal site offering statistics, analysis and photos.
- Case Definitions for Surveillance of SARS - Official criteria for suspect and probable cases from the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Center for the Study of Emerging Infections - Fact sheets, education and training, and official remarks and reports by Saint Louis University, School of Public Health.
- Children and SARS - Discusses whether kids are at risk for SARS, common symptoms, and what parents should do to protect their children from severe acute respiratory syndrome.
- The Facts About SARS - A comprehensive guide to SARS, with articles by a team of science journalists at the Australian Broadcasting Corp. It details what is known about the outbreak, the virus, the ensuing panic and known symptoms and treatments.
- Government Views of SARS - Several online primary resources about SARS, including government documents.
- Health Canada: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) - Updates on Canadian cases of the disease, description of its symptoms, and travel advisory.
- InteliHealth: SARS - Information and special commentaries from the faculty of Harvard Medical School.
- MEDLINEplus : Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome - News, links and information from The United States National Library of Medicine.
- NIAID Research on SARS - Information on the research program of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, US.
- Radiological Appearances of Recent Cases of Atypical Pneumonia in Hong Kong - Radiological and CT features of SARS, with many sample images. From the Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital.
- SARS 2003 Hong Kong - Autopsy and cytological findings, with pictures of pertinent specimens, assembled by a group of doctors and pathologists in Hong Kong. Intended to assist other clinicians in diagnosis.
- SARS Advice and Information - Information for employers, travellers and the general public. Offers news reports, links and questions.
- SARS as the movie "12 Monkeys" circa 2003 - An attempt to document the history and spread of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome and its impact on society as it happens.
- SARS Attacks! - Organized news and information links, current SARS statistics, pictures and forum.
- SARS Cases - Graphical representation of worldwide cases.
- SARS Education - General information, travel information and recomendations for those in close contact.
- SARS Message Board - Areas covered includes news, treatment, research and travel.
- SARS Newswire - News articles categorised by subject and country.
- SARS Relief - Details of an organisation dedicated to providing accurate and updated information. Includes precautionary measures, action plan and FAQ.
- SARS Watch - Weblog featuring news, analysis, and resources.
- Sars-Advice.com - General information and guidelines for travellers. [English, German and French.]
- SARSalert.org - Alerts and bulletins on SARS cases from around the world.
- SARSscam.com - Presents alternative opinion that the disease is merely a social experiment.
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) - Prevention, treatment, resources, and FAQs.
- Singapore MOH: Press Releases - Current SARS related press releases, with links to current quarantine information.
- The Spread of Sars - Provides graphs showing statistics and a message board.
- Taiwan Dept of Health SARS Issues - FAQ, case counts, local updates, and advisory to air travellers.
- Toronto Public Health: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) - General information about the disease for the public, child care and school workers, and health care professionals. Discussion of the quarantine measures to be taken during the public health emergency in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Tamil, and French.
- The Truth About SARS - Basic facts, estimates of the doubling time of the epidemic, and outlines of best-case and worst-case scenarios. Also discusses the need for more basic research on viral diseases.
- UK Public Health Laboratory Service - Press releases, case counts, and guidance for the public and health care professionals.
- United States Centers for Disease Control - Complete and official information for the public and health care providers, including information for patients and their close contacts.
- University of Hong Kong: SARS - Information for students and employees, including guidelines and protocols. [Some information in Chinese.]
- Vads Corner - Collected references on the disease and related topics, including general press, medical journals, and public health departments of affected countries.
- United States Dept of State - Public announcment from the United States government advice for all citizens considering travel. (May 12, 2003)
- China - Travel Warning - US Department of State advises citizens to avoid travel to China and Hong Kong because of uncertainty about the risks posed by the spread of SARS. (May 6, 2003)
- Executive Order on Quarantinable Diseases - Statement from US HHS director that the Public Health Service has added SARS to the list of quarantinable communicable diseases, in order to keep all options open. (April 4, 2003)
- SARS Affects the Health of Air Travel - Examines the affects that fear of the disease is having on international airlines. [About.com] (April, 2003)
- New England Journal of Medicine: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) - Early release of several articles dealing with the outbreak in Hong Kong and Canada. (March 31, 2003)
- Pneumonia Causes Panic in Guangdong Province - In the absence of official information, rumors magnified the epidemic out of proportion. [bmj.com, formerly British Medical Journal] (February 22, 2003)
- Science Magazine: Progress on SARS - Special online collection, including research papers on the molecular biology and protease structure of the SARS coronavirus (May 2003)
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome - Department of Health - UK government information page, including SARS Q&As and travel advice (May 7, 2003)
- AMA (Medical Science) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Resources - Americna Medical Association links to SARS updates, information and journal articles
(May 7, 2003)
- Sars & Kids - MAY 8, 2003 -
Article from the Straits Times of Singapore
(May 8, 2003)
- The Lancet - Leading British medical journal, where major research results on SARS are published
- SARS Landing Page - Gartner research on SARS outbreak: key issues for business and IT
- New Scientist | SARS - New Scientist looks at global efforts to combat the disease
- History of SARS - Daily statistics and graphs of SARS infections and deaths in major SARS-infected regions, and other SARS-related resources
- SARS GIS - Geographical distribution of SARS cases in Hong Kong, China, and the world
Community & Forum
Culture & History
Resource - China
Resource - Global
Provinces and Regions
Open Directory - China
Open Directory - Simplified Chinese (GBÖÐÎÄ)
Views related to China or Chinese communities
Business opportunities, jobs, personals ...
|Add URL Link with Us